Pages

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Well, Joe Torre is still the manager of the Yankees...I was wrong and really, I should be used to that by now. They say he flew to Tampa to have a face to face with Steinbrenner. He probably said "Fat boy, why don't you shut your mouth!" ( A little Twilight Zone reference there). Really, Steinbrenner talks mad garbage but when Torre got down there and in his face he probably was all contrite and like " Gee, Joe, the job is yours if you want it! Gosh, I'd love to have you back!" I could see him like that. Joe probably was all like "You've been popping crazy sh*t...I'm not having it. You better chill, son." Somehow, I suspect Joe Torre didn't sound like that at all, but I love to embellish with a Brooklyn version of the events. But, I'd love to have heard that conversation, anyway....
And I didn't mention my man Albert Pujols from the other night...what a blast! That thing was smoked. Prince Albert stomped on an entire city's heart, like Godzilla. What a moment. I hope that St. Louis can extend it, just make 'em sweat. And if they could win it? Oh man, that would be something....

No comments: