Pages

Monday, October 17, 2005

I wrote a few posts ago that I thought George Steinbrenner was going to can Joe Torre....I forgot to mention that if he does fire him, he'll wait until the first game or better yet, the last game of the World Series because he's a headline-grabbing, scene-stealing jackass like that.... He's done that before. He would be really inclined to do it if the Red Sox or the Mets were in it. I doubt there's two more teams he despises more. Last year and in '86 George must've lost his mind....
I really wanted to see the Cardinals go to the series and win. It's not impossible but they really are behind the eightball. I have to say, there were some truly bad calls in the game last night. And tossing the Tony LaRussa and then Jim Edmonds at a crucial point of the game really showed little restraint by the umps. These guys get a little full of themselves. I'm not sitting there to watch umps make calls. It's not about you, man. Ridiculous...That guy better steer clear of St. Louis for awhile....

No comments: