Pages

Monday, October 24, 2005

Man, yesterday was dramatic finish day. The Giants won on a pass from Eli Manning to Amani Toomer with about 4 seconds left that tied the game and an extra point to seal it. The Vikings, who seemed completely done by half, came from 17 points down to win it on a LONG field goal. A couple of games were won on long field goals. And then, The Chicago White Sox won on a Scott Podsednik homerun off of Brad Lidge, who got whacked by Albert Pujols last week. Nice drama all around. This is the kind of stuff that you live for as a sports fan...
I liked the White Sox back when they had Harold Baines and Greg Luzinski in the 80's....Tony LaRussa was managing the team then. I wanted them to get to the World Series but no such luck..but here we are 20+ years later and here they are....It would be cool if they won. I don't have anything against the Astros, I'll never forget the '86 playoffs against the Mets. That was a classic and I really respected that Astros team. I think they're cool now but I really wouldn't mind if The Sox won...man, Chicago will be one big fist fight if they do, though...

No comments: