Pages

Friday, October 07, 2005

I was really disappointed to see that "Serenity" (do you capitalize movie titles or do you underline them or just put them in quotation marks? What's the correct way? Somebody let me know...) only grossed 10 million at the box office last weekend...I loved the movie, Joss Whedon and crew did a great job with it. I was hoping it would become a franchise..it still might but it has to take in a fair amount of dough for that to happen. It will probably sell alot of DVD's like the complete Firefly set did which would help. I remember reading somewhere that they never would've even considered doing a sequel to Austin Powers if they hadn't sold a trillion DVD's of it. That's what kept that franchise going.
But I have another beef about that $10 million gross...I know that Joss and Universal wanted to advance screen it to as many people as possible but I think, bottom line, tht they let too many damn people see it for free! It should've grossed twice that, I bet. The Firefly fans were gonna see it anyway... make 'em pay. Everyone got the five fingered discount and the movie got screwed. Now, I admit, I saw it for free too...and I was like " Yo, it was great and I saw it for free! Can't get no better!" But the movie and the future of the franchise suffers. I want to see it again, give them my money because they deserve it. If you didn't pay, go see it again and pay...Let's get these people back on the screen again...
My man Nathan Fillion should be a star, shouldn't he?

No comments: