Pages

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

I'm a "Lost" fan...I really think the show is kooky and very addictive...and I was just reading this article in the Post about another character dying....and all the speculation about it. 2 things: 1, I think ABC is jerking our chains. In the trailer for next weeks episode they say that one of these survivors won't make it. But they included a shot of that new blonde woman that is one of the rear-of-the-plane-survivors. They snuck her in with a shot of Michael. I think she's gonna bite it. They had all this speculation about how this character would be killed by another and that other character would be found out later. I think that big brother, another back-of-the-planer, is the likely killer. He just seems to have a secret or a number of secrets. The dead guy that he and Jin stumbled across? I bet he killed him...It was kinda cool when he and Jin hid and you see the legs of the "Others" go by. I bet they are past crash survivors, gone all feral as my friend Tony put it. They have a Lord of the Flies existence going on. We were comparing them to the Reavers from "Firefly" (that Joss Whedon is responsible for EVERYTHING, ain't he?). That's a possibility....
But anyway, I think they will knock off this chick. It's too soon for Michelle Rodriguez. Jack doesn't even know that she survived.
Oh yeah, I had two points, right? The other is that they had better chill with knocking off characters. When Boone died, I understood. The stakes are high and the audience has to be made aware of that. Folks could go bye-bye. But if you start bumping off characters that we've grown to love all willy-nilly, I think there could be backlash. I admit, I am not a big fan of Claire(who I thought was a goner last season instead of Boone) or Shannon but at this point, knocking them off would seem gratuitous... Lead up to it at least. Give us another season's worth of the character before they get shanked or bucked or crushed or drowned or...well, you get the idea...lol...

No comments: