Pages

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Well, to add to my footbal rant from yesterday I must speak on my intense dislike of the ESPN Monday night team of Mike Tirico, Joe Theismann and Tony Kornheiser. I can't stand Mike Tirico. Can't stand him. He always sounds like he is being WAY too dramatic and learned. I hate that. Nothing seems natural to me. It all sounds forced and canned. And he is actually BETTER now...when I heard him before he really grated on my nerves. Then, there is Joe Theismann. Jesus. He has gone from being a player that I hated to being an analyst that I hate. Even Michael Irvin turned the corner for me but not Joe..he is as annoying as ever. So arrogant and such a know-it-all. And if he's wrong he either a) will not cop to it or b) will blame someone else. Al Michaels didn't go to NBC to work with John Madden, he went to get the hell away from Joe Theismann. I guarantee that...

Now that leaves Tony Kornheiser. I like Tony Kornheiser. He's funny and gives you different insights than these jokers. I wish he worked with two other people. But he's stuck in the worst booth going. I think he and Joe Theismann won't be speaking by seasons end....

It's funny because the second game last night(a Monday Night Football doubleheader??? That's weird!!!) had Brad Nessler, who I never heard call a football game, Dick Vermeil, who I haven't seen in a booth in awhile and that was college and Ron Jaworski, who I don't recall in a booth at all. And I liked them! They stepped on each other a few times but that's to be expected. And Jaws and Dick Vermeil see EVERYTHING going on out there. You know they know their stuff. And Dick Vermeil is funny! If he cried during the game the broadcast would've been complete. Why can't we have these guys as the lead broadcasters? If they took a poll on ESPN I bet they would win. I know, I know, they would never do that... I can dream though, can't I?

No comments: