Pages

Tuesday, September 19, 2006


Well, The Mets finally clinched the NL East last night. Glad about that. I haven't written about the Mets this summer really. Of all the New York teams I'd have to say that I the most superstitious about the Mets. I'm afraid I'm gonna jinx 'em. Last Friday I was in the kitchen at work and this guy Alex walks in and says "Are you ready for them to clinch tonight?" And I was like "Whoa, champ, take it easy. Slow down there." And he said "Dude, they're playing the Pirates." I was like "Aw man, you've gone and done it now." Of course The Pirates swept the Mets and the Mets looked BAD, they looked like they were lost out there. So I came in on Monday and I said to Alex ""Dude, they're playing the Pirates". Man, you had to go and open your f$%@in' mouth!"
Then, as I was leaving yesterday he says "Dude, they're playing the Marlins!" I said "Get the hell away from me!"
If they had lost last night I would've punched him in the face and wired his jaw shut. Luckily it didn't come to that. I'm happy they clinched but that's just a first step in a long fight for the title. I'll be nervously watching...

No comments: