Pages

Monday, September 11, 2006

There are so many coincidences...so many that you start thinking somebody is sitting around writing your life for you. But they are little things, stuff you just kinda go "That's interesting.." and forget about. Like the other day. I was reading the great Bill Simmons at ESPN.com.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/simmons/index

If you even remotely care for sports, ya gotta read this guy. He always makes me laugh. Always. And he has a free and easy writing style that makes it sound like you're just sitting there talking to him. Very funny. He always makes movie references and Thursday he made a Silence of the Lambs one that was great. Not too obvious and not too vague. He was answering a question from a reader about football bye days and he said "This is the same league where a coach can't get a referee's attention to challenge a touchdown unless he sprints onto the field and whips the red flag at him like Miggs flinging his body fluids at Clarice Starling's face."


Funny. I laughed and then starting thinking about how they re-edited that scene on TV so you can hardly tell what's going on. My co-worker Joey and I always complain about that. Then I forgot about it.

So Friday night I am kinda watching Stargate SG-1 which I really don't like that much but Ben Browder and Claudia Black from the great and cancelled Farscape are on there now. Which is kinda frustrating but I watch it anyway. Plus it's always interesting to see what Claudia is wearing. ANYWAY, she gets kidnapped and she's being brain probed by these bad guys (that didn't sound right at all) and the SG teams have a lead on a warehouse she may be in but there 5 warehouses. Ok. So the main SG team is outside one and they blow the door and one of the bad guys goes "What was that? Turn that down!" Apparently he can't hear well over the roaring din of the brain probe. And it also has a volume control knob, which comes in handy. And I'm sitting there saying "I know what they are gonna do. They're ripping off Silence of the Lambs where Jonathan Demme makes you think that Scott Glenn and the feds are about to bust in on the skin dude and Clarice is at the wrong house. But it turns out poor Clarice stumbles right into the nut and Scott Glenn is at a empty house" And sure enough the SG-1 team breaks in and it's an empty warehouse. And Claudia Black is being rescued by a different team...that botches the whole thing anyway. Oh! You got me! So I'm like, oh brother and I start thumbing around the channels and Silence of the Lambs is on Lifetime. And it's the exact scene that Bill Simmons refered to! I mean, two seconds after I turn there Miggs gets Clarice in the face. And that just bugged me the hell out. I was like "Ok...that was strange." But that happens all the time. To everyone...So. Are we in the Matrix? I hope not cause I know I look stupid bald.

No comments: