Pages

Monday, September 11, 2006

SUNDAY ON THE BRINK


Speaking of football, as I was doing earlier, I had the misfortune of watching some of the different pregame and halftime shows and I think I'm done. I can't watch these things anymore. Fox used to make me laugh but then James Brown left, which I knew, and went to CBS, which I didn't know until I saw the halftime show. So Fox was a mess. Curt Menafee was trying to host and it was like watching an unmarried woman with no kids taking care of 3 unruly 10-year olds. What a mess. Later on Joe Buck, who I like, was hosting, and he was funny but Terry Bradshaw stumbled thru the highlights like he just took some Ambien or something. It was just terrible. And CBS..oh boy. They have the worst show anyway amd JB couldn't save it. They should just have 4 corpses on the set and show highlights. It would be just as informative. But the icing of it all, the grand masterwork of the evening was NBC. Oh. My. God. Wow. That was like watching yourself have surgery. With no anesthesia. That was excruciating. If you weren't looking at the screen the John Williams theme would make you think that Indiana Jones was hanging from the front of a truck or something. The graphics were all over the map and incorrect and Sterling Sharpe speaks as if he woke up one morning and said " You know what? I'm gonna create a game called....football!". Man, it was terrible. Bob Costas looked like he'd rather be calling a St. Loius Cardinals game. Chris Collinsworth was just ok,I guess and I'll cut The Bus some slack but overall it was pretty bad. NBC ruined my Sunday night. I used to watch ESPN and have Boomer and TJ wrap up my day but no more...ESPN moved the show...bastards. I think I'll have to treat Pre-game and Post-game like I treat the two weeks before the Super Bowl. I don't pay attention to ANYTHING about it, no hype, no nothing, until I turn on the TV at about 6:18, right before kickoff. There's just too many people yelling at me, too many guys trying to be funny, too many fake arguments, too many "experts", too many knuckleheads and their knuckleheaded opinions. I used to like Sunday...

No comments: