Pages

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Last night I made the big mistake of watching the first episode of "Thief" with Andre Braugher on FX....now I have to watch it every damn week! It was really good. Andre Braugher is just an excellent actor. I loved him on Homicide: Life on the Streets(which is easily one of the best cop shows ever..screw "NYPD BLUE"). He was definitely Emmy worthy on that show, I have no idea if he ever was nominated or won. Frank Pembleton. What a character. I also took away from that show one of my favorite quotes. When his partner Bayliss got weirded out by a crime that involved S&M and said that he couldn't understand how people could be so dark, Pembleton says "You can't have light without darkness." He was just so intense on that show. And here he is in this new show playing a thief with a crew and some new serious problems. And he was, as usual, great. The show sort of has a "Sopranos" feel, with Braugher as Tony, trying to balance family and crime. But in the first episode it just went off the rails and he is deep in it. Excellent.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're right this is a great show. I didn't see the Linda Hamilton death coming at all. I mean, I was looking forward to her as a regular on the show. Oh well, at least she didn't give up the goods.

By the way, have you caught the Unit, featuring the former 24 president, Mamet written it's uneven but not bad. One of my favorite lines, "I fear no man, and only one woman."

As for "Lost," I admit it I'm lost already, now find me dammit!!!