Pages

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

THE BATTLESTAR GALACTICA SEASON FINALE


Wow. Wowwowwowwowwowwow.
That was something else. You kinda suspected that since those four were the only ones to hear the music that they might be Cylons...but I was still in disbelief after the episode ended. I was like "Well, maybe they are being messed with or maybe..." lol...nope. They're Cylons. I thought it couldn't be the Chief because he and Cally have a baby and the baby seems normal. But they KNEW Hera was half Cylon so they knew what to look for. They just assumed that the Chiefs baby was just a baby. Plus, the final five seem to be different than the other Cylons. Maybe more humaly advanced. But do they download? If Tigh dies, does he just die? And who is the final Cylon? Is Roslin too easy an answer, though she seems attuned to Boomer and Caprica Six? Is it Ellen? Starbuck? Admiral Adama? If it's Adama, why didn't he hear the music? There aren't too many other characters left. But many have "died". Billy ( who I always kinda suspected anyway), Cat, Jammer...could they be the final Cylon? It has to be big though, the revelation. That kinda scares me.
I have to take a moment to point this out. Victories and early realizations are hard to come by, so you have to give me this one. About 10 minutes into the show after listening to Tyrol hum I said to my friend Tony. "You know, I must be going crazy, 'cause it sounds like he's humming All Along The Watchtower...That's what he's humming." So when it turned out to be I was like, "Wow. I actually picked up on something."
I wasn't sure when Starbuck would come back ( you knew they had to be jerking our chains somehow) so it was really cool when she returned. When the second half of the season started the commercials said "One will die, one will find the way to earth"...you just didn't know it would be the same person.
I bet all the actors were insanely jealous of Jamie Bamber(Lee Adama). He got to give one of the best speeches I've seen a television (or movie) character give. And he was excellent. He covered the entire show, from beginning to present and summed it all up in one great scene. When he said that they were a "gang, trying to survive" I said to my friend Tony "See, this is why Voyager never worked out right." You never got that sense they they were on the edge of survival, of just squeaking by, of being desperate and making really hard choices. Half the time the show made it seem like they were in the Alpha Quadrant the whole time. But not Galactica. What a great show.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If I did not know better, I would have thought you did not like it : )