Pages

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Well, Christmas is over, thank goodness. Didn't feel particularly Christmassee this year, although my son got me into it a bit. He was really cute, running around yelling "Christmas lights!" and "Christmas tree!". Funny little guy...
Got some nice stuff this year. My wife got me this book I wanted about one of my all-time favorite artists, James Bama. Oh man, I love this guy. As a kid I got into him because he did the Doc Savage covers. He tore them up. I loved his covers, they were just dynamic and the composition just blew me away. This book reprints ALL of his covers and prints the hundreds of other paintings he did. Incredible. If you want to see the work of a great artist, pick this up....

Here is some of his great Doc Savage covers...and not even his best ones:
http://home.earthlink.net/~docsavage/id2.html

...and here is the link for the book:
http://www.fleskpublications.com/publications/bama/

Do yourself a favor and pick it up. You will not be disappointed.

No comments: