Pages

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

"OH...BILLLLLLLLLY..."


Oh well...on the last episode of Battlestar Galactica, poor Billy, President Laura Roslin's aide, got killed...He had a rough episode. First, he proposed to Dualla (with a school ring) and was turned down, then stumbled across Dualla and Captain Apollo on an obvious romantic date (oops!) and then got shot to death trying to protect Dualla...bummer. I liked Billy, I'm sorry to see him go. Roslin's reaction was powerful. You felt for her. Her support system has taken a beating this season. But poor Billy is the one on the slab so you really felt bad for him. It was a good episode too. I liked how Starbuck got all John Woo and then shot Apollo accidentally. I like how faulted the characters are on this show. They hurt each other physically and emotionally and most of the time it's completely by accident or by carelessness. Much like we all do. So another good BSG and a money saver( I think there were maybe two new effects shots in this one and two in "Black Market" three episodes ago. They have to pay for episodes like "Scar" somehow). They do something on this show that was always a hit or miss proposition on Trek: Make a cheap episode that is as involving and good as an effects heavy one.
But back to poor Billy...He was a good character and I'll miss him...as my friend Tony said after it ended " Billy got a raw deal."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Billy, was getting movie offers so they had to write him out of the show. so don't feel too bad for him. caviat emptor. that's as good a "write out" episode as i've ever seen though. remember the awful way they got rid of tasha yar. ugh!!!

Kevin Greene said...

That's a good point. That sucked, the whole way Tasha left...she had one of the best reappearance episodes though with "Yesterday's Enterprise." Written by Ron Moore. too...
But Billy did go out fighting at least....

Anonymous said...

"she had one of the best coming back from the dead episodes ever," do you know how that sounds?

I call it, she had one of the best "I have no career except Trek, and I need a job" episodes ever.

Just a matter of perspective I guess.